Mission Ministries Time and Talent Needs
Trust that you are gifted!
Listed below are numerous ways you can share of your Time and Talents with the Mission Ministry Department. Contact information is included at the end of each volunteer opportunity.
- Habitat for Humanity — Help construct houses for families in Johnson, Wyandotte and Leavenworth Counties. Construction experience is not required! Working together with Habitat supervision, the job is done to code. Village Church crews work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Volunteer opportunities for students and working adults are also available on Saturdays. Contact Dave Lillard, e-mail or 913.649.8930.
- Dominican Republic Medical Partnership — This ministry includes medical, surgical and youth construction trips to address specific needs. Visit the DR Web site for more information — villagedrmission.com — or contact Leslie Toledo, e-mail or 913.671.2321.
- Kansas City Free Health Clinic — Village Church provides ongoing mission work one Saturday a month to the Kansas City Free Health Clinic. Physicians are needed for a 3-hour shift. Comprehensive malpractice coverage is provided and complete physician confidentiality is ensured. Contact Dr. John Hall, e-mail or 816.289.6092, or Suzanne, e-mail or 816.777.2761.
- Christmas International House — Host families are needed to provide a warm, welcoming environment to international students who are studying in the United States and not able to go home during the holidays. Each day structured activities are planned by Village Church. Contact Judy Miller, e-mail or 816.651.5387, or Judy Williams, e-mail or 816.916.4061.
- Food Pantry and Clothes Closet — A variety of volunteer needs, such as scheduling, receiving and shopping with clients to data entry and filing, are needed to successfully support the Food Pantry and Clothes Closet. Donation of food, clothing or cash gifts are also needed. Contact Christine Germann, e-mail or 913.671.2314.
- Front Porch Alliance — You can make a difference in the appearance of a neighborhood and in the lives of its residents, children and culture by sharing your time and talent of volunteering to do minor home repairs, gardening, tutoring, life skills classes, financial literacy & legal literacy, computer classes, boy's mentoring, Ivanhoe Girls, Shoppers Club, African Heritage Festival and field trips. Contact Patsy Shawver, e-mail or 816.921.8812.
- Interfaith Hospitality Network — Village Church is among the support churches for the Family Center in Olathe that provides basic needs and a means to a new start for the homeless. Four times a year Village provides dinners and activities at the host church. Volunteers are needed to monitor activities and provide 45 minutes of child care, so parents can take a break. Two overnight volunteers are also required to stay at the church. Contact Charlotte Hall, e-mail or 913.649.7684.
- Turner House Clinic — is a free health clinic for children and youth. Volunteer opportunities include pediatricians or family practice physicians, pediatric nurse practitioners, RNs, volunteer readers for waiting room. Contact Dennis Boody, 913.342.2552.
- Presbyterian Children's Services — mentors and cares for orphans and at-risk youth. Volunteer opportunities include longterm mentoring for at-risk youth, periodic construction projects for children's live-in treatment center. Contact Rich Maxwell, 913.268.8292.
- El Centro in Kansas City, Kansas — volunteer opportunities for Hispanic child development, adult educational ministry and elder care. Contact Kaler Bole, 816.361.9670.