Children and Family Ministry Time and Talent Needs
Trust that you are gifted!
Listed below are numerous ways you can share of your Time and Talents with the Children and Family Ministry Department. If you are interested in any of the following volunteer opportunities, please call the Children and Family Ministry Office, 913.671.2359 or 913.671.2355. Thanks so much for serving our children.
- teach in Kids’ Kingdom as a rotational leader — 4-week rotations in centers such as Creation Station, Eat Your Way Through the Bible, Gracious Space, Holy Rock and Rollin, KKVC 27 News, Kingdom.com, Mary & Martha’s Bed & Breakfast, Paradise Pictures, Temple Tales, Village Players, or Who Wants to be a Bible Scholar? Lessons and materials provided.
- teach in our Preschool church school — open to flexible schedules such as teaching a semester, a certain Sunday of the month, quarterly, or rotating. Lessons and materials provided.
- shepherd an age-level in Kids’ Kingdom. Establishing a relationship with a grade level of children and accompanying them to their various rotational centers. Also lead Festival Funday activities which review of previous unit with your small group of children. Semester, year or rotating with alternate.
- be part of a team! Gather a few of your friends and volunteer to Shepherd/Teach one grade for an entire school year. You would "rotate" with the class through the rotation centers.
- teach in our Club V6 (6th grade) church school class on Sunday mornings. Lessons include study, community-building and outreach. Lessons and materials provided.
- phone help in the Children and Family Ministry Office — A.M. or P.M., one day or more.
- Sunday morning greeter in the Children and Family Ministry Office (9:10–9:20) to be a hospitable presence and assist people in finding classes, run copies, find resources. Could be for a month, one Sunday a month, or meet your schedule.
- Sunday morning acolyte assistant — 9:10 help the acolytes prepare for the 9:30 service (robes on, review instruction, place reserve signs & bulletins in pews, light the candlelighters).
- help with special mailings (i.e. stuffing envelopes for fall enrollment in August, or summer activity brochures in late February, seasonal programs) — very occasional.
- help with seasonal events such as Advent Workshop, Christmas Night Out, Lenten Workshop — set up, assisting with a project, clean up.
- be an adult assistant for Children's Christmas Play
- be an adult assistant for Palm Sunday parade
- help with summer Vacation Bible School, July 14–18, 2013 (9–11:30 or 1–3:30)
- help with summer church school (9:30 service) — story and activities (June–mid August: help for a month, one Sunday a month, or one time only)
- like to clean, straighten up, organize? We need you! We often need help organizing resources and/or classrooms, or helping in Children’s Ministry Office with projects.
- like to bake? How about providing occasional goodies if called? (i.e cookies for Advent Workshop decorating, teacher appreciation gifts, receptions).
- Shoppers Anonymous — we have a great job for you! Each unit of Kids’ Kingdom requires shopping for rotational classroom supplies. We provide list, quantities, place to go, and money – you have fun!
- stuff worship bags for children to use on Sunday mornings (approx. 1 hour/week and once a month)
- doodle pad replacements in sanctuary pew pockets — could be a father/son or mother/daughter service.
- serve on the Children and Family Ministry Committee — help plan to support and serve our children on a Session Committee meeting on the 3rd Monday of the month (6:00 supper, 7:00 meeting), January–December 2012. (*4th Monday in January due to holiday, no meetings in July or December).